The Australian Synchrotron uses the MyTARDIS software to allow users to manage their experimental data via a web-based interface.
The offered functionally currently includes:
- Access to meta-data associated with each conducted experiment, the individual datasets and each datafile. This includes data collected by the particular user and any publicly available data.
- Advanced search capabilities across all stored data, including proposal and sample information.
- Sharing of data with collaborators and making data public, with the bonus of the entries being consumed by ANDS' Research Data Australia.
- Interactive download of individual files via the HTTP protocol. Other download mechanisms like SSH, GridFTP, iRODS and SRB are available through the Storage Gateway of the VBL.
- Automated transfer of private data to other MyTARDIS instances. For questions related on how to setup your own institutional repository to receive data feeds please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
MyTARDIS is currently hosting the data collected by the IR, SAXS and MX beamlines.