The 1st Asia Oceania Forum (AOF) Synchrotron Radiation School
From May 28, 2017 09:00 until June 03, 2017 17:00 Save to calendar
Posted by Nick Sharp-Paul
Categories: Events in Australia
The Asia Oceania Forum on Synchrotron Radiation Research is pleased to announce the Australian Synchrotron will host the 1st AOF Synchrotron Radiation School in May 2017.
The AOF Synchrotron Radiation School will present a range of lectures and practical sessions relating to the theory and applications of synchrotron radiation to a wide range of science and technology research. The school is aimed at science and engineering graduate students, postdoctoral fellows and early career researchers from across the Asia-Oceania region who are interested in pursuing a career in synchrotron radiation-related fields.
· Introduction to synchrotron radiation
· Light source basics
· Beamline basics
· Imaging and Computed Tomography
· Powder X-ray Diffraction
· X-ray Absorption Spectroscopy
· Small Angle X-ray Scattering
· X-ray Microscopy
· Soft X-ray Spectroscopy
· Micro Fluorescence
· Protein Crystallography
· Infrared Spectroscopy
· Medical Imaging
· X-ray Coherence
· Future light sources
Eligibility and applications:
Applicants must be currently enrolled PhD or Masters postgraduate students at an Australian University.
To attend the 1st AOF Synchrotron Radiation School, applicants will need to submit the following:
· A brief CV (two pages maximum)
· A letter of support from their academic supervisor
· A proposal describing how attending the 1st AOF Synchrotron Radiation School will help facilitate their synchrotron-based research program (one page maximum).
More information on application process and deadlines will be available in due course.